Ebly is a wheat berry which is a whole wheat kernel. It is packed with fibre, protein and iron.
1 cup uncooked Ebly
3 cups milk (any type of milk you prefer)
3 tablespoon sugar (or your choice of sweetener)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celcius
2. Place Ebly and sugar in a 4-6 cup capacity oven proof dish.
3. Add milk, vanilla and spices and mix together. Add knob of butter
4. Cook for approx 1.5 hours stirring several times during cooking. A skin will form on the top which you can remove or just mix in.
5. When Ebly is soft and liquid is creamy remove from oven and let stand for 15-20 minutes to cool and sauce to thicken.
Serve with fresh fruit, fruit compote or indulge with some icecream or cream.